In Hungary a document is considered a private document providing conclusive evidence if it was signed under own hand and provided that:
- the declaration is electronic, then:
– the simplest and most convenient solution for those who have a Citizen Portal account (Ügyfélkapu) is the so-called AVDH service with which a statement can be digitally signed in seconds.
– the document has a qualified signature, or the advanced signature based on a qualified certificate, and a time stamp.
- the declaration is made on paper, then:
– two witnesses certify that the signatory of the document has signed the document in front of them (the name and residence address of the witnesses must be indicated on the document), or
– countersigned by a lawyer or legal adviser, or
– certified by a notary or judge.